Kierra

The Word Mineur

A 15 year old who loves reading.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Rae Carson
In the Shadow of Blackbirds
Cat Winters
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Fire Horse Girl
Kay Honeyman
Defiance - C.J. Redwine I really did enjoy this book but I have a few fights to pick with it.The beginning was exciting and it got my attention right away. I devoured the first 100 pages in a day( it was a school day also just to prove my point). Well, it seemed to kind of go down from there. Now, I'm not saying I hated it or even disliked it, all I'm saying it just wasn't really a very memorable read for me. It just caught my attention less and less as I read more. There was a lot of action going on, so to me that was a plus. But, it was just too slow for me.I thought it was cool how she could fight and handle herself( I always love strong female characters!). She did make mistakes a lot but I think she was just trying to do the right thing and ended up doing the wrong one. But, nonetheless I thought she was caring, confident( probably a little bit too much confident if you ask me), and a kick-ass fighter.The romance is probably one of the best factors in this book. I thought it was a perfect pace. I don't think they rushed in stupidly even though she did confess her love for him before but she didn't know any better. Logan was very caring and I just loved him as a character! He defended her all the time, and since she rushed into fighting without thinking alot of the time, he had to end up saving her butt a lot of the time. I loved how he was smart and hot all at the same time! :D But, really I couldn't ask for a better character in his place.The thing what I found so bothering, is the number of deaths in the book. I, myself, do not mind a couple deaths in a book, but this book had so much deaths in it! I will not say anything else since I probably just spoiled something already, by just mentioning that characters die. My fingers are sealed from typing any more!One thing that I loved was how the book switched views between Rachel and Logan. It made me look at both of their perspectives and undertstand their actions and feelings. It was a nice break from just one narrarator. If you enjoy books with action and romance I'm pretty sure you would enjoy this book. But, for me I think it needed a better pacing, fewer deaths, and a more original plot.