Kierra

The Word Mineur

A 15 year old who loves reading.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Rae Carson
In the Shadow of Blackbirds
Cat Winters
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Fire Horse Girl
Kay Honeyman
The Boy Recession - Flynn Meaney I was really hesitant to read this book. I didn't have incredibly high hopes for it either. Why I didn't have high hopes you may ask? I haven't usually ended up liking straight-up romance books. I like books with a mixture of things like action and adventure with a bit of romance, but I haven't liked JUST romance books. This book turned out to be pretty enjoyable though. I really enjoyed the characters and it kept me laughing throughout the book. What I liked most about the book, though, was the pacing. It was perfect for me. They didn't immediately fall in love. They were friends for two years and just sorta got a crush on each other. It was believable, which is saying alot compared to other YA books.Let me talk about the characters. Right away, I was annoyed about Hunter. He was lazy and had no ambition whatsoever! I have always hated those type of characters. But, later on I started liking him. He started picking up his act and he wasn't so bad anymore. I felt the opposite for Kelly. I loved her from the beginning, she was responsible and smart. The other characters were awesome also. They were very funny and likeable.Overall, this book was very good. It was a funny, cute, and light read. It was a good break from the more serious, sad stuff.*Won from Goodreads First Reads*