Kierra

The Word Mineur

A 15 year old who loves reading.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Rae Carson
In the Shadow of Blackbirds
Cat Winters
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Fire Horse Girl
Kay Honeyman
Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi My feelings for this book cannot possibly be put down on paper( or more correctly, my computer screen). I have to say, in this book Mafi took it to the whole new level. The first book seemed to receive mixed reviews, and I understand why. The beginning was kind of weird and slow, but then when you got to the ending...everyone was OBSESSED with the book. Including me. You can imagine my anticipation for the sequel.We first have the amazing, unique writing of the book. For me, it took awhile to get used to in the first book. However, when I read the second book, I learned to appreciate the lovely descriptions and style of the writing. A quick example( right from the beginning of the book):"The big ball of yellow might be spilling in the clouds, runny and yolky blurring into the bluest sky, bright with cold hope and false promises about fond memories, real families, hearty breakfasts, stacks of pancakes drizzled in maple syrup sitting on a plate in a world that doesn't exist anymore."That was just one of many, many weirdly unique descriptions. But you seem to imagine the world in the book with a whole new perspective. I absolutely adore the writing, to put it simply.The love triangle...I am seriously SO SO SO happy right now. If you have already read this book, and are team Warner...you will most likely love it too. If you are team Adam...well, you had your shot in the first book. But....just....hhfnnjdfjldmfkfnufbdu....in coherent form would be better, I suppose? Mafi plays with your emotions majorly in this book, more directly to the romance. I have undoubtingly not read another book that plays with your emotions as much as this one( at least with the romance). Usually, when there is a love triangle, you KNOW from the start who she/he's gonna pick. I seriously believed, judging from the first book, that Juliette would pick Adam till the end. BUT I AM SO HAPPY, BECAUSE WARNER GETS A SHOT WITH HER...sorta.The characters. You can imagine in this book, that you are able learn SO much more about Warner. You get to know about his horrific past, his gentle side, and what made him into the man he is today. I LOVED that about this book. Not only can Mafi write an amazing plot, but deep, interesting characters. They are in no respect, perfect characters. But, that is what makes people want to learn more about them, what intrigues them. She also writes amazing secondary characters( I love Kenji).The plot is, of course, great, like every other part of the book. I could see what would eventually happen, but I didn't know how it would happen. And I can say alot of things surprised me in this book. There were so many twists and turns, tear-jerking moments, and just...everything good.That is my extra-long review, so I'm not going to talk about the ending. You will just have to buy it to know what happens!