Kierra

The Word Mineur

A 15 year old who loves reading.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Leigh Bardugo
The Fire Horse Girl
Kay Honeyman

The Night Circus

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern Let me explain a little. I understand that almost everyone I talk to on here says it is an excellent book. Don't listen to them. It is not near as good as I thought is would be. Here is the part where I explain. The first thing is the description. It is very deceptive and makes it sound amazing, really. Here is the description"The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night. But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands. True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead. "First of all, the two magicians aren't even fighting really. All they are doing are building tents and proving who is better than the other. I just thought it was stupid. I expected them to be attacking each or something. It would be more exciting than the stuff I read. The second is that their trainers do not teach them ANYTHING! Nothing at all! All they do is say use your brain and figure it out on your own....pretty much. The third is the romance. I didn't feel it at all! There felt like there wasn't any love between them really. I guess they liked each other but, that's the only vibe I got from them. I am glad it wasn't insta-love though. So, extra point there. The two things I DID like about it was the descriptions and her style of writing. The other is the ending. I thought the ending was cool and thoughtful. I wouldn't recommend this book though. Overall it was boring to me. Don't take offense, lovers of this book because I know everyone has different opinions but this one is mine. So, I felt like sharing it.